When working with applications like Ryeboard, content is rarely truly alone and independent from others. More often than not, we use several cards in conjunction to get a point across or break down a complex idea to bite size concepts. Thus, it is important for us to have relational features to utilize the board interface to its fullest.
This is why we have recently taken the first steps towards a comprehensive set of group / relational features. You are now able to group several cards together and apply edits to improve your workflow! This is a modest version of our final goal so as always, stay tuned for more updates! Here are some of the features in this release:
- Grouping Cards: Press (CTRL / CMD) + G to group cards together. Press Shift + (CTRL / CMD) + G to ungroup cards.
- Group Menus: When you select multiple cards, menu items that all cards have will appear, allowing you to edit all selected cards simultaneously.
- Group Tags: Related to above but this merits a special mention. You are now able to add or remove tags from several cards at once! Go crazy with tags now!
- Automatic Empty Card Delete: All Cards that have no content and are related to no boards are now automatically deleted once you enter or exit a board.
- Performance enhancements: Namely, loading speed for cards and boards.
- Bug fixes
We’re really excited about this update as it really speeds up workflows (first-hand experience). Use it to your heart’s content and let us know what you think!
For future updates we will be focusing on the dashboard 2.0 release as well as the deck 2.0. We feel that as it is the dashboard is wasting a lot of potential for data management. As such, the dashboard will be going through a thorough makeover to help manage both boards and cards far more effeciently.
In addition, we feel that the import and export features of Ryeboard is still far from its full potential. To encourage more modular workflows we will be doing a comprehensive evaluation of such workflows and overhaul the current deck. Current deck 2.0 designs focus on data management, optimal viewing space, and ease of multiple imports. This is one such design:
As always, thank you for all your feedback and support guys! Please let us know if you have any suggestion or ideas through our email. Stay tuned for the next update!